Legal Question in Legal Ethics in Connecticut

I contracted an upholster to redo 9 chairs. I bought the material and paid him $1000. in advance, as I know or knew his work as I've used him before. I also gave him two stools to be done as well with material supplied. The chairs were returned to me - not done well and he told him he would redo them. Well I agreed. He also said for me to reorder material and he would reimburse me. That was over 9 months ago. I have called him, emailed and even went to his residence . When I went to his residence he was in hospital due to diabetes. It was last week I sent him a letter registered, return receipt requested, asking for a time and place to meet him to pick up my property. My question is what do I do now. He has not answered my request no does he answer the phone?

Asked on 1/10/21, 5:44 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Max Rosenberg Rosenberg,Whewell, & Hite, LLC

You can sue up to 5 thousand dollars in small claims court. It will take a very long time before you get to trial but at least it is something you can do without hiring an attorney.

Read more
Answered on 1/11/21, 9:30 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Legal Ethics & Professional Responsibility questions and answers in Connecticut