Legal Question in Personal Injury in Connecticut

I live in ct...I just had a car accident where the person rear ended me...her car was totaled.. I’m still waiting to get an estimate on my car…my accident was on Thursday of last week…I ended up going to the emergency room on Monday because my neck and left shoulder were really hurting me and now my left side and lower back is really stiff and hurting really bad. My problem is this the Tuesday before my accident I had a procedure done to the right side of my back ..I had an epideral injection shot to help me with some back pain because I have some damage to my back. So now the right side of my back is hurting bad and honestly I don’t know if my right side was effected because of the medication that was injected in my back. So how would you recommend I handle this legally? Is there anything I can do about this I mean know my neck is hurting but I’m very concern about my back…

Asked on 11/18/11, 8:00 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

John Serrano Serrano & Serrano, LLC - Connecticut Accident, Social Security & Divorce Lawyers

Your question has 2 parts, medical and legal.

You should go back to the doctor who gave you the injection, explain that you were in a car accident, and describe as best you can how you felt after the injection but before the accident, and how you are feeling after the accident.

From a legal perspective, there is a saying that "A tortfeasor (the person that hit you) takes his victim as he finds him." This means that the person that hit you would be responsible for any new injury to your back and for any aggravation of your pre-existing back condition. Just because you have a prior back condition does not mean that you cannot recover money for the accident.

Kindly call us (860.236.9350) for for a free initial consultation if your would like to discuss your situation further.

Read more
Answered on 11/18/11, 10:12 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Connecticut