Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Connecticut

My stepmothers estate will settle soon and I will inherit a small amount of money. I owe my brother some money from a loan a few years back. Can he and or the executor have the amount I owe him deducted from my portion of the will against my wishes?

Asked on 6/01/13, 7:39 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Linda Subbloie Linda A. Subbloie, Esq.

I do not believe so since he is not a creditor to your stepmother's estate and he does not have a judgment against you.

Read more
Answered on 6/01/13, 5:01 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Connecticut