Legal Question in Bankruptcy in Delaware

Wrongful Termination/Bankruptcy Court in DE

I was wrongfully terminated by a previous employer earlier this year. I am pursuing my claim against them for unpaid overtime wages and damages, however they have since filed Chapter 11 for temporary bankruptcy.

I had legal representation in my state (CA) but they are unable to represent me in DE. I was told that there is a form I can use to file my claim on my own from this point. Should I get another attorney in DE or represent myself in bankruptcy court? Are lawyers in DE more or less expensive when representing under contingency? What should I expect to pay, and how can I get another lawyer to represent me on contingency??

Asked on 7/11/07, 6:08 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Glenn Brown Real World Law, P.C.

Re: Wrongful Termination/Bankruptcy Court in DE

I would have to review the situation to determine whether this couldbe handled on a contingent fee basis in bankruptcy court.

If you or your California attorney would provide me with a summary I would be happy to talk with you.

Good luck to you.

Read more
Answered on 7/11/07, 11:30 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Bankruptcy Law questions and answers in Delaware