Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Delaware

Collecting on a judgement

If the debtor corporation has little or no real property is there any other way to collect on the judgement?

Asked on 1/28/02, 2:47 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Stephen Silverberg Silverberg Law Office

Re: Collecting on a judgment

Yes. If done properly, it is possible to obtain the debtor's accounts receivable records and if it has customers in Connecticut that owe it money, you have have a marshal go to the customer and collect it.

Also, if the debtor has no real property, you may be able to attach its PERSONAL property. For example, send the marshal in and have him confiscate the debtor's computers. Not the printers, monitors, etc., JUST the beige boxes. If they don't have backups, you've got all their business data.

Motor vehicles can be attached, if no money is still owed on them.

The list goes on and on.

Read more
Answered on 1/30/02, 5:02 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Delaware