Legal Question in Immigration Law in Delaware

How can my 10 month old daughter maintain her citizenship while staying out of USA for a period of 1 year or more.?

She will be staying in India and I have her visitor visa for India and will be applying for her OCI once she is in India.

Does she have to come back to the US in 6 months to maintain her citizenship.?

Asked on 10/09/19, 4:42 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Dear Client,

Please pay for the question and I would be more than happy to help you. If you are having problems accessing the payment link, please contact me so I can activate the payment link on

Kindest regards,

Dr. Donna Kay Cindy Kakonge, BJ, MA, TESOL, LLB, EdD

Read more
Answered on 10/09/19, 5:05 am
Marlene Hemmings Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law

If your child is a U.S. citizen, she will not lose her citizenship if she lives outside the country or gains dual citizenship. Make sure you have her U.S. birth certificate & U.S. passport with you before you depart the country.

Read more
Answered on 10/09/19, 6:51 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Delaware