Legal Question in Immigration Law in Delaware

Dear Sir, My quastion is that I got legal married in Feb-02-11 at Georgetown DE Cort but that time my wife had a greencard and now on Aug-19-11 citizenship. Please lat me know when she can petition for me after her US Citizen. How long we need take legal time to make petition for me. Thanks

Asked on 8/24/11, 6:45 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Ajay Arora Ajay K. Arora, Attorney-at-Law, P.C.


Assuming that you initially entered the U.S. legally (even if your visa status has subsequently expired) your wife can sponsor you now by filing an immigrant petition, and you will at the same time file for your adjustment of status and employment authorization document applications, etc. We have information about marriage to a U.S. citizen here:

You can call our law firm at 212-268-3580 during business hours, or email [email protected] for guidance.

Read more
Answered on 8/25/11, 6:52 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Delaware