Legal Question in Tax Law in Delaware


Iím from Morocco. I drop-ship products from China and sell them to customers in United States via my online stores. I want to form a company in US so I can have more options than I have right now, like having accounts with multiple credit card processors and other companies, that work only with US residents and US companies. Iíve read online that you can hire a registered agent and it can form the company for you, but you need to visit the bank in order to open a business bank account, and I have no problem in that. My plan is to buy wholesale orders from my suppliers in China, and send them to a fulfilment house in US, then let that fulfilment company ship to my customers directly. My question is about the taxes, I donít know exactly what applies to me, and I have no idea about the US tax law. Can you please help?


Asked on 2/01/17, 7:45 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Roman Fichman Esq. Law Practice of Roman Fichman Esq.

i can assist you in forming a company in the US. To get a tax ID number you will either need to have a US partner that will use their tax ID number (also known as a social security number) or obtain a TIN (tax identification number) from the Internal Revenue Service. I can assist with that as well.

It is true that in order to open a bank account you will need to be present in the US though under certain circumstances one can operate using their home bank. As far as taxes, generally speaking, depending on the type of company that is formed either you and/or the company will need to file tax returns in the US. Since Morocco and the US have a tax treaty dating to 1977, to avoid double taxation, income taxes will be subject to that treaty.

Please reach out to me via email and we can schedule a skype or a telephone call and get you set up as soon as possible.

Roman R. Fichman, Esq. │ @TheLegalist

email: Info (@) TheLegalists (dot) com

t e l : 2 1 2 -- 3 3 7 -- 9 8 3 7

Disclaimer: This post has been written for educational purposes only and was not meant to be legal advice and should not be construed as legal advice or be relied upon. No intention exists to create an attorney-client relationship or any other special relationship or privilege through this post. The post may contain errors, inaccuracies and/or omissions. You should always consult an attorney admitted to practice in your jurisdiction for specific advice. This post may be deemed as Attorney Advertising.

IRS CIRCULAR 230 DISCLOSURE: To ensure compliance with requirements imposed by the IRS, we inform you that any tax advice contained in this communication (including any attachments) was not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of (i) avoiding tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any matters addressed herein.

Read more
Answered on 2/01/17, 10:09 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Tax and Taxation Law questions and answers in Delaware