Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in District of Columbia

I bought a car and registered in my boyfriend name until I was licensed I never was will I be able to get my car back since I paid for it and have receipts or bill of sale

Asked on 2/27/14, 11:44 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Sean Hanover Hanover Law

Once a vehicle is titled in a person's name -- the vehicle belongs to them. You would have to sue your boyfriend in court for unjust enrichment or promissory estoppel.

Read more
Answered on 2/27/14, 12:14 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in District of Columbia