Legal Question in Family Law in District of Columbia

Can legal guardian married to biological parent with joint custody but seeking a divorce due to domestic violence get custody of minor child

Asked on 2/22/14, 1:32 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Sean Hanover Hanover Law

How were you made a legal guardian? If you were appointed by the court, then you could argue for it. However, traditionally, a guardian's rights and responsibilities are subordinate to the parent. The exception is when the court appoints a guardian for cause.

If you have further questions, do not hesitate to call Hanover Law at 7034022723.

Read more
Answered on 2/23/14, 3:50 am
Travis Murrell Travis A Murrell, Attorney at Law

Yes, but you will have to go to court to do it.

Read more
Answered on 2/23/14, 12:08 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in District of Columbia