Legal Question in Civil Litigation in District of Columbia

If I have a power of attorney from a judgment creditor granting me the right to represent them in all actions pertaining to the collection of their court awarded judgment can I represent them in court since they are out of the country or would this be considered a upl violation?

Asked on 10/16/09, 4:27 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Hendrickson Law Office Michael E. Hendrickson

Absolutely, a UPL violation, unless you are actively licensed to practice law in the Commonwealth.

Read more
Answered on 10/21/09, 10:03 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in District of Columbia