Legal Question in Civil Litigation in District of Columbia

I have co sign on a vehical for a friend and the friend has missed a few payments. I am in court now and cannot afford a lawyer. what are my rights?

Asked on 10/09/09, 9:26 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Lesly Longa Longa Law P.A.

You co-signed, so you are responsible for the payments too.

Read more
Answered on 10/15/09, 11:16 am
Paula McGill Paula McGill Attorney at Law

I am licensed in DC.

If you co-signed, the creditors can seek payments from you. However, you can sue your friend for any judgment or payments. In fact, you can bring her in as a party if you are being sued.

Read more
Answered on 10/16/09, 3:04 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in District of Columbia