Legal Question in Immigration Law in District of Columbia

I arrived (B1) in November 2009, got married in march 2010 and my permanence expired on May 29th. I sent my application June 3rd, couple days after my permanence had expired. I have already gone through Biometrics and waiting for interview. Can my parents file for turist visa back in my country? Forms as if they have any family in the US and what is the status. What should they answer? Yes, turist and when asked explain I got married (however currently out of status)? Will this have any negative impact on my application? Thanks

Asked on 7/23/10, 2:04 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Brian D. Lerner Law Offices of Brian D. Lerner, A Professional Corporation


If not done properly, it could have an effect. While you did marry after 60 days of being here, your intention may be questioned at the time of entry. Please contact me for more information.

Read more
Answered on 7/23/10, 6:46 am

Luba Smal Smal Immigration Law Office

Yes, the parents can apply for visas. Whether it will be approved or denied, and how to improve their chances of approval, this is the question. The parents will have to disclose your presence in the USA. Until your application for permanent residency is approved, you do not have any valid legal status in USA.

If you require legal advice, please email to schedule a telephone consult.

Note: The above response is provided for legal information purposes only and should not be considered a legal advice; it doesn’t create an attorney-client relationship. To schedule a consultation or for more information, please visit

Read more
Answered on 7/23/10, 7:22 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in District of Columbia