Legal Question in Immigration Law in District of Columbia


I have been convicted of 2nd degree attempted robbery in D.C. I was under the youth act therefore I was to have a clean record by the time i am 21. My sentence was 2 years of probation. This was my first and last offense. I was a foreign student with no relatives, no family and no means of support. I didnt even have money to catch the metro to see my P.O. Fighting the struggle I finally decided to run back home to finish college. I realize this probably means i violated probation and am facing jail time if i return however many sources have told me i dont have a warrant!? Could this mean my record got cleared when i turned 21 or is the warrant an ICE issue now? How can i find out and what can I do to return to the U.S.

Please find some time to help me, i miss the place where i grew up.

PS: I was on a F-1 student visa , all I-20's intact. I also have a non-expired tourist visa.

Asked on 1/20/11, 2:43 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Brian D. Lerner Law Offices of Brian D. Lerner, A Professional Corporation


Were you convicted in a Juvenile Court prior to the age of 18, or as an adult?

Read more
Answered on 1/25/11, 3:42 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in District of Columbia