Legal Question in Immigration Law in District of Columbia

I am on F-1 visa. There is a fellowship foundation (U.S.) willing to pay me to conduct research abroad. According to F-1 visa, I am not allowed to work off-campus without CPT or OPT but since the service is conducted abroad, I wonder whether I can receive this is payment or not. Note that, during the research period, my F-1 visa will be invalid because I will be taking a leave of absence from my school. Thanks a lot!

Asked on 7/19/14, 8:21 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Rahul Manchanda, Esq. Manchanda Law Office PLLC

Please call me at (212) 968-8600 or toll-free at (800) 750-1828. Kind regards, RDM

Read more
Answered on 7/19/14, 9:03 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in District of Columbia