Legal Question in Immigration Law in District of Columbia

I am currently on L1 and my wife is also on L1.I wish to change my status to L2 based on my wife's L1.

1) For change of status should I get a resignation or leave of absence letter from my company

2) Can I apply for L2 and be working on L1 until I receive my new I-94 with COS

3) Should I resign and then apply for COS or apply,get the COS and new I-94 and then resign

4) Can I apply for COS and EAD togather and start working immediately while awaiting COS,EAD

Asked on 8/02/10, 12:24 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Brian D. Lerner Law Offices of Brian D. Lerner, A Professional Corporation


The proper change of status should be filed and when approved, you should resign.

Read more
Answered on 8/07/10, 12:32 pm

Ajay Arora Ajay K. Arora, Attorney-at-Law, P.C.


Do not resign until the L2 status has been approved. The EAD application is filed after your L2 status has been granted.

Read more
Answered on 8/08/10, 7:05 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in District of Columbia