Legal Question in Immigration Law in District of Columbia

I was offered a position at the World Bank and am applying for a G4 visa. I have travelled and lived in the USA for so many times, with no overstay or violations. I want to apply for my husband's dependent G4 visa as well. His situation is tricky though. He came to the US on J1 visa, then changed it to F1 status. In between changing from one school to another, he was reported to be illegal in the US by his school authorities and the case was brought to court. The process for removal was started. When he appeared in court, he decided to voluntarily go back to his country and left after the case was resolved. He also had some admin violations (not paying for his tickets). Now after almost a year, I was offered a WB job offer and am planning to move with my husband to Washington DC. Does he have a chance to get a dependent G4 visa? Will our applications submitted together increase his chances to get a visa? Or is it better for me to get my G4 visa first and after a couple of months let my husband submit his application for dependent G4 visa? Will his refusal (potential) affect my G4 visa application (i get my visa denied as well?) Thank you for your responses!

Asked on 5/03/16, 5:46 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Rahul Manchanda, Esq. Manchanda Law Office PLLC

Please call us at (212) 968-8600. Kind regards, RDM

Read more
Answered on 6/10/16, 12:02 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in District of Columbia