Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in District of Columbia

I was asked to move to washington dc from florida to live with my boyfriend from him. He already has a place here in dc and asked me to move in, my name is not on the lease, I have been there for almost a year now. Can he evict me? Can he throw me out or call the cops?

Asked on 4/02/10, 2:33 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Hendrickson Law Office Michael E. Hendrickson

No, he will likely have to go through the standard eviction procedures in Landlord-Tenant Court which any other landlord in the District of Columbia would have to go through to evict a regular tenant.

Read more
Answered on 4/07/10, 5:02 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in District of Columbia