Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in District of Columbia

I recently rented a unit from a landlord. The building had been condemend and the landlord fled without returning my security depsoit. I just recently discovered that the landlord is starting to rent out new proporties. What do I have to do to recieve my security deposit back from the landlord?

Asked on 8/24/11, 12:54 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Torrance Colvin The Colvin Law Firm

Easiest answer is small claims court.

Read more
Answered on 9/01/11, 9:43 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in District of Columbia