Legal Question in Medical Malpractice in District of Columbia

Copies of Medical Records for Father

I need to know how can I go about getting copies of my father's medical records, he died June 2, 2008 and didn't have a will and he was staying with me. I didn't have POA either. Please advise.

Asked on 7/08/08, 2:42 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Walter E. Laake, Jr. Joseph Greenwald & Laake Pa

Re: Copies of Medical Records for Father

You need to open what is called a "Small Estate" in the office of the Register of Wills where your father lived or possibly where he died. You will be appointed his Personal Representative and with these Letters of Administration you have authority to obtain his medical records.

If you need assistance we can probably help with both the estate and the medical negligence claim...Give me a call...

Read more
Answered on 7/08/08, 6:14 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Medical Malpractice Law questions and answers in District of Columbia