Legal Question in Real Estate Law in District of Columbia

How do I have a Deed record in my city, when it was never recorded by the title company? Is it necessary for me to pay a lawyer $40,000.00 because he can't not locate the orginal company or if I have my information the mortgage company

Asked on 2/22/11, 12:13 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Lawrence Holzman Holzman Law Firm, LLC

Sounds like something else is going on besides a deed that didn't get filed. Filing a deed (I assume you have the original) is not difficult. But my guess is that you have other issues that are not clear from your question. You should almost certainly talk to an attorney who is familiar with real estate issues and title issues. Real property and title issues are complicated and even most lawyers don't necessarily understand how it all works.

Read more
Answered on 3/10/11, 9:16 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in District of Columbia