Legal Question in Real Estate Law in District of Columbia

I own a property, I recently had another property go into foreclosure. Is there a way to deed the property that I own into a relatives name i.e. wife or child in order to avoid having a lien placed on the property that I currently own from the losses from the foreclosed property?

Asked on 2/18/11, 12:06 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Phillip M. Cook Cook Legal Services, LLC

If you transfer the property to anyone without your lender's permission, that will trigger the "Due On Sale" clause of your mortgage. It could also be considered mortgage fraud.

Best of luck.*****The above is for informational purposes only and does not create an attorney-client privilege**********

Read more
Answered on 2/18/11, 12:15 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in District of Columbia