Legal Question in Tax Law in District of Columbia

10 yr old tax bill

I lost my job in 1991 and in the maddness, over looked paying tax's on my 401k money. The IRS calculated it to be $2,000. I did not have it, or find work till 1994. When I did begin to work, I went to the IRS to make arraigments to try and pay, I was told to pay what I could or get a loan. I could not get a load, makeing too little money at that time. So now it has grown to $5,500, and they capture my yearly Tax refund, the amount never goes down. Is there any way I can have this reduced to funds paid, and pay off a lesser amount like vegas gamblers or big guys do? Im just a working man, and they have liened my home. I went to IRS's office and got the run around three times ending iwth them having me fill out past forms so now they screwed up my 1994 return and say I own more. Double filling out forms, that when I called in they say they know but to write letters. the letters do no good, now I have two cases. Going nutz!!!

Asked on 5/18/02, 4:36 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Joel Selik

Re: 10 yr old tax bill

go to

Joel Selik


Read more
Answered on 5/18/02, 5:31 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Tax and Taxation Law questions and answers in District of Columbia