Legal Question in Tax Law in District of Columbia

Cheating husband, ugly divorce, finalized 12/15. I got the large co-op, he got efficiency co-op. His name, not mine, is on my mortgage but I have been paying my mortgage on time for over 2 yrs. PNC won't even talk w/ me about anything. Because of my personal bankruptcy (Ch 7) in 2014, I haven't been able to refinance in my name only but hope to soon, must do so by end of 2016. Can I use 1098 deduction or do I have to let him have it (which I'd like to do in more ways than 1, btw)?

Asked on 2/08/16, 12:37 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Beatson, II Law Offices of Robert Beatson, II

Suggest you consult an experienced tax attorney/accountant licensed in DC to get advice on how to proceed under Federal and DC law.

Robert Beatson II, 2-9-2016, 12:05 p.m. EST

Read more
Answered on 2/09/16, 9:07 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Tax and Taxation Law questions and answers in District of Columbia