Legal Question in International Law in Florida

Certificate of Domicile

Question: I'm a U.S. resident and citizen. The Korean government requires that I provide a ''Certificate of Domicile'' in order to register so property that was left to my wife in a will. Where in the U.S. do I go to get this certificate? Do I need to see a lawer? Is it a State or County office that I need to go to?

Asked on 1/30/09, 12:47 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

David Willig David S. Willig, Chartered

Re: Certificate of Domicile

There is a form for Declaration of Domicile in Florida, which can be recorded. Perhaps you could utilize a certified copy of such a recorded declaration. Alternatively, our office may be able to assist with the preparation of a notarial, authentic act establishing the elements of domicile.

David S. Willig, Chartered

Attorney at Law & Florida International Notary

Read more
Answered on 1/30/09, 2:40 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More International Law questions and answers in Florida