Legal Question in Employment Law in Florida


I have a buisness am I required to carry unemployment insurance on my employees? Where do I get this insurance? I also need a good employment lawyer that can make a contract between employer and employee.

Asked on 3/27/09, 1:05 pm

4 Answers from Attorneys

Alan Wagner Wagner McLaughlin, P.A.

Re: employment

Yes, you must have insurance. It is provided through the state and part of the quarterly payments required to be sent to Tallahassee. Contact the State or go to myflorida . com for additional information.

Read more
Answered on 3/29/09, 10:49 am

Stuart M. Address Law Offices of Stuart M. Address, P.A.

Re: employment

You can contact the State for information on how to obtain appropriate unemployment insurance. As for a contract, if you would like a consultation please contact my office.

Read more
Answered on 3/27/09, 1:13 pm
Bob McCormack Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith LLC

Re: employment

Every employer who pays wages is required to pay into the state pool for unemployment compensation up to a certain amount per employee. If you have an accountant filing forms 941 for you, you can ask them about your obligation to file a form UCT-6.

If you are a do-it yourselfer, you can go on and do a search for unemployment tax and obtain necessary forms and instructions.

As far as a contract goes, I don't recommend you try that yourself as there are many pitfalls for the uninitiated.

Many lawyers in your area are easily located on the Florida Bar's web site.

Read more
Answered on 3/27/09, 1:58 pm
Scott Behren Behren Law Firm

Re: employment

I am an employment lawyer and could probably help you out.

Read more
Answered on 3/27/09, 3:19 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in Florida