Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Florida

My husband pass away in feb 2009, I have our home that is in both of our name and I am soul servier. My question is can I sell the home with out going through a quick claims deed first to drop his name off of the title.

Asked on 10/29/09, 1:09 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

If you owned your residence jointly as husband and wife there is no need for any quick claim deed to be filed as the act of recording the death certificate into the public records will transfer title to you.

Read more
Answered on 11/03/09, 1:24 pm

David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.


Read more
Answered on 11/03/09, 2:46 pm
Lucreita Becude Lucreita D. Becude, P.A.

Both of my colleagues are correct.

Read more
Answered on 11/03/09, 3:09 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Florida