Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in Florida

I have a person living in a home that still shows as being owned by myself and my exwife. This person has lived there for over 2 years and has never paid any rent of any kind. There is no agreement of any kind for her to pay rent or the mortgage. In September 2010 she signed a contract to purchase the home however has never followed through with the purchase and is still living in the home. There were no extentions of the sale contract and it expired in October 2010. I filed individulal bankruptcy in 2008 and included the home in the discharged bankruptcy however the mortgage lender has never processed a foreclosure on the home so I still show as the owner of the home. How do I remove this woman from the property?

I am certain that I will need to contact an attorny, however I do not kow what specialty I would need to consult with. If you have any direction, I would greatly apprecaite it.

Thank you,


Asked on 4/06/11, 10:38 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Leon Ferraez Ferraez, LLC

It sounds as though you need to evict the person. You can also sue for money damages. Contact an attorney who regularly handles eviction actions (i.e. a real estate attorney) in your county.

Read more
Answered on 4/06/11, 11:15 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in Florida