Legal Question in Appeals and Writs in Florida

I was adjudicated guilty for a misdemeanor battery in 2011. It is affecting me from getting a better job. I know that the law says something like "if one is adjudicated guilty of any crime, they do not qualify to have their record sealed or expunged." My question is, can I somehow do an appeal/motion in court to have my record sealed or expunged?

Asked on 2/06/13, 7:04 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Garven Robert Garven, Esq.

It's not an appropriate issue for appeal since you're not alleging any judicial error. The best thing to do is to contact a criminal attorney re the expungement process.

Read more
Answered on 2/06/13, 7:15 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Appeals and Writs questions and answers in Florida