Legal Question in Appeals and Writs in Florida

At the divorce hearing w a magistrate, not a judge presiding, my (now ex) husband presented falsified papers making the courts believe that I was a co siner on a VA mortgage. I had proof this was impossible, as VA loans were only given to soldiers, not civilians, but the magistrate refuse to look at my proof. Alas, it was written in my divorce decgree that I was resonsible for paying the 6yr arrears on the loan (My ex used the BAH to buy a house w his then mistress & not reported his seperation w the Army---getting an allotment of $1300/mo)

How can I get this Amended? No wher e on my credit report shows this as my debt and I have a letter from the military stating the rules?

FYI divorced was finalized in 2008. but signed in 2009. In final degree, each is responisble for each personal debts. That's why I need to amend this. Also as nothing on joint debts.

PS he is currently retired and is behind close to $11,000 plus in c/sppt and alimony. He has admitted to working a s anrmy recruiter, but since out of state, Army as no record of it. So I only get less than $450/mo. He gets over $3000. I've been unemployeed since 2008 and waiting on SSA.

Thanks, Ex Army wife (3 kids)

Asked on 9/02/10, 1:44 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Alan Wagner Wagner McLaughlin, P.A.

You will need to go back to the court. The magistrates decision should have been appealed to the judge long long ago. It may be too late, but you can try to get the judgment amended

Read more
Answered on 9/11/10, 3:13 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Appeals and Writs questions and answers in Florida