Legal Question in Appeals and Writs in Florida

I need info on where to turn for a serious problem with the department of unemployment compensation in Florida. They are going to place a judgement against my daughter for $3300.00 for a mistake that they made, not once but twice. I wrote to the govenor's office but no response.

Thank you

Debra Zaba

Asked on 12/30/09, 6:12 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Sarah Grosse Sarah Grosse, Esquire

If your daughter received money to which she was not entitled, even if it was the mistake of the unemployment agency, she cannot legally keep the money. If the money is already spent, so she can't give it back, then that is why the unemployment agency would obtain a judgment against her to reclaim the money to which it is legally entitled. There is no defense in this sense for "mistake." I'm not sure what other help you want.

Read more
Answered on 1/05/10, 6:30 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Appeals and Writs questions and answers in Florida