Legal Question in Appeals and Writs in Florida

i am in jacksonville ,fl. My father had a restraing order put on him for reasons untrue and as a result he lost his gunpermit and rights.Money is not an issue. so how would we go about getting an appeal or restoring his gun rights and permit??? any information that could answer or shed light would be awsome thank you and god bless.

Asked on 10/13/09, 6:04 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Carolyn Jones Law Office of Carolyn R. Jones

In order to have a restraining order placed on someone you have to prove several things. The burden of proof differs depending on the type of restraining order. If your father had a restraining order put against him for dating or domestic violence then there only has to be one incident of violence. If your father had a restraining order put against him for repeat violence then there has to be a least two incidences of violence, in either case the other party does not have to be present to get a temporary restraining order. But in order to get a permanent one the court will hold a formal hearing. Without reviewing the documents associated with the restraining order I cannot give you further information.

Read more
Answered on 10/14/09, 2:46 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Appeals and Writs questions and answers in Florida