Legal Question in Appeals and Writs in Florida

I will keep it short. I will also let you all know I cannot afford a lawyer so I am taking this on myself. The state is Florida, and I live in Missouri. I am a law enforcement professional who is now on a phone-in probation out of Orange County, FL on a misdemeanor plea deal. Florida statue says if you are on probation, no guns unless the probation officer or court says OK. I filed a motion (prepared myself, I have experience) and it was heard this morning, the Judge ruled that he does not have the power to bypass the statute (clearly he does, the statute says so) and that is that.

I need to know what court I would now file a motion in to go above / appeal that Judge's decision. This is in the 9th Circuit Court, Orlando FL.

Thank you

Asked on 6/15/12, 7:31 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Alan Wagner Wagner McLaughlin, P.A.

5th District Court of Appeal. A notice of appeal is filed in the circuit court.

Read more
Answered on 6/16/12, 11:56 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Appeals and Writs questions and answers in Florida