Legal Question in Banking Law in Florida

I have a business checking account at Chase, the account had about 10 dollars and a few ach charges started to come in, the first one was for 350, but after the account was negative they paid more charges and in all are charging me a 35 dollar fee, I know banks do this all the time, that's there business, but they keep paying with the account in negative to charge me fees, now the account is 850 negative. A friend told me that I should go to the bank and ask who is the agent of service for process and tell them I will go to small claims court with this, and that they will settle right away, is this true?

Asked on 8/26/12, 9:14 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

R. Jason de Groot R. Jason de Groot, P.A.

Your friend is obviously an experienced and qualified attorney? You would want to find out who the agent for service of process is. No this is not necessarily so. If you do file a small claims action be able to show exactly what your damages are.

Read more
Answered on 9/05/12, 11:08 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Banking Law questions and answers in Florida