Legal Question in Banking Law in Florida

How can I find the right lawyer for my stolen money? I have a pretty complicated case in the court in Florida, which is on pending. Its about stolen money from my personal bank account (it was an unauthorized telephone transfer). The case was filed in 2009.There was any hearing yet. The attorney I hired for this case didn�t do much. Even he did some mess in the case � he dismissed one of the defendants without telling me.

Since I live in Europe now, makes the situation more difficult to deal with, because of the distance...but I really want to proceed the case with another attorney. I don�t want just to forget about this. I want my money back. More important they are for me since I have a student loan for Sallie Mae which I want to repay.

So, two years now the case is still in the court on pending. I am so confused, afraid of mistakes and out of money to take actions. But I don't want just to forget about it. I want to get my rights to return my stolen money. I want some one to hear me. I want to believe in the US justice!

I will appreciate any advice what I can do in this complicated situation. I belive there is an answer and there is some one to help me.

Asked on 9/06/12, 10:00 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

R. Jason de Groot R. Jason de Groot, P.A.

You will need to set up conferences with a few attorneys in the county where the suit is pending. Choose the one who you believe you can trust the most. Were criminal charges filed agaisnt anyone? That might still be one available remedy, but time is running out if it has not already run out. You will not be able to get a pro bono attorney or a contingency fee for this type of work. You will need to retain one.

Read more
Answered on 9/07/12, 6:28 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Banking Law questions and answers in Florida