Legal Question in Bankruptcy in Florida

I was divorced 4 years ago. My ex wife had debts and family problems and sold me property at lower than market value condo.

I was not aware in 2017 that she filed a petition for relief under Chapter 7 of bankruptcy.

I am appointed Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Trustee for her bankruptcy estate.

Therefore, in accordance with 11 USC & 548 the bankruptcy estate in entitled to recover from me the difference between actual amount I paid for the Condo and market value. I was demanded to pay huge amount within 14 days. I have no money to pay. It is my homestead.

Any suggestions?

Thank you, Stas

Asked on 6/14/17, 1:47 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

R. Jason de Groot R. Jason de Groot, P.A.

Negotiate with the trustee.

Read more
Answered on 6/14/17, 1:51 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Bankruptcy Law questions and answers in Florida