Legal Question in Bankruptcy in Florida

I have been served to appear in court for a past due amount that I can't pay due to losing my job, however I am now working but barely making it to pay my current bills. Should I just file for bankruptcy?

Asked on 2/03/17, 2:26 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

R. Jason de Groot R. Jason de Groot, P.A.

You should consult with a bankruptcy attorney to see whether it is possible to file bankruptcy, which chapter, hopefully chapter 7, that you should file, and to generally get advice concerning what options are available to you and whether it would be worth it to file bankiruptcy.

R. Jason de Groot, Esq.


Read more
Answered on 2/03/17, 4:00 pm
Steven Meyer CPLS, P.A.

A lawyer would need to find out a lot more information about your situation, but you may be a good candidate for bankruptcy. Our office handles a lot of bankruptcy cases. We'd be happy to speak to you about your case.

Read more
Answered on 2/05/17, 8:12 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Bankruptcy Law questions and answers in Florida