Legal Question in Business Law in Florida

I am a 50/50 partner in an Scorp. It is a mobile food truck that my partner owns. I am wondering if he can use our scorp and dba to profit while he calls the truck something else that is not a legal DBA? He attended a festival and was given a temporary pass based on our Scorp and current license to sell food through the state of Florida. He is now trying to create a new company name and keep all profits and has not responded to any of my questions. All of this is while the Scorp, DBA and our food license is still active.

Asked on 10/22/13, 4:37 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Stephen Verbit Law Offices of Stephen Verbit

It sounds like your rights as an owner of the company are being violated. Among other rights, if you own 50% of the company, you have the right to half of any profits generated using company assets. You should consult an experienced business lawyer, without delay, to formulate a legal strategy to ensure your rights are protected and that you get what is rightfully yours.

Read more
Answered on 10/22/13, 5:52 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in Florida