Legal Question in Business Law in Florida

My husband thought he was turning a building he owned into forming a corporation with his brother and his brother tricked him. My brother in law also falsified documents of my other brother in law and put his building into the corporation so do that make the corporation legit. How can we fight for this building because we noticed that on the buyer and seller part of the legal documents my husband named was forged. We are currently both unemployed and can not get a lawyer. What do we do it has been since 2008? Been unsuccessfully trying to get answers because this building is in NY and we live in FL. spoke to a lawyer here in FL but stated we need to contact NY

Asked on 4/28/10, 8:11 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Lesly Longa Longa Law P.A.

The attorney you spoke to is correct. A Florida attorney cannot provide you legal advice concerning NY law. You need the assistance of an attorney licensed in New York. Although it's possible to find an attorney located in Florida who is also licensed in NY (I am licensed in two other states), you should probably change your location to New York to find someone to help you with this on lawguru. You may also want to search online to find a NY attorney that you can work with online or by telephone, and ask if it will be possible to recover attorney's fees and court costs from the other party if you win the lawsuit. Regards,

Read more
Answered on 5/04/10, 1:18 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in Florida