Legal Question in Business Law in Florida

I moved from MN to FL 2.5 years ago. My ex-employer, an LLP Minneapolis ad agency, asked me to be their "agent" in the state Florida so they can pitch new business in Florida. They sent me an application to sign and send back called “Application by Foreign Limited Liability Company for Authorization to Transact Business in Florida”. I have been a contractor with this agency since I terminated my employment in Sept. 2016 due to the move. But I haven't received any jobs from them as a contractor for almost a year.

Should I sign it? If so, should I ask for something in return?

Asked on 8/22/18, 6:30 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Alan Wagner Wagner McLaughlin, P.A.

You need to speak with them and see what "the deal" is. If you get no business from them and there is no prospect of getting business, then I see little reason to have a relationship with the company.

Read more
Answered on 8/22/18, 6:52 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in Florida