Legal Question in Business Law in Florida

I work in a dental practice. A patient owes the practice money. Do I have to give her copies of her file to seek treatment elsewere??? Can I wait until she pays us??? Then give her copies.

Asked on 3/12/15, 10:34 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Patrick Tracy Patrick J. Tracy, Esq, P.E.,

I am not licensed in Florida and can only speak in general terms. Her file is probably the last leverage that you have on a patient except suing them for money. In most cases you can withold the file until the patient pays you.

Read more
Answered on 3/12/15, 10:42 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in Florida