Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in Florida

employer with holding my check

i was issused a green card a few years a go that had a expiration date, it doesnot mean that i have to leave the country just that i need to update the greencard (1-90) my employer is now with holding my check because my card has expired i told them that i plan to re-apply and will recieve a receipt when they get my application by law are they legally allowed to do this ?

Asked on 10/10/06, 2:43 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Andrew Frisch Morgan & Morgan, P.A.

Re: employer with holding my check

Based on these facts and the law, your employer's conduct is completely improper and illegal. In fact, if you have continued working for your employer and they are now withholding money for time which you have already worked, you may be entitled to recover up to 2 times your regular pay under both Federal and Florida law. Feel free to contact me for a free consultation. I handle cases like yours on a contingency basis (I only get paid a fee if we win your case).

Read more
Answered on 10/10/06, 3:22 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in Florida