Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in Florida

How can I notify the Florida Circuit Court Judge our attorney has apologized for improperly handling our case. I asked him why didn't he reference any cases or laws in the Affirmative Defenses & Answer he filed? He stated, his wife passed away 7/11/17 during their vacation. I was shocked & sympathetic. We have decided to let him go & are hoping we can be appointed a court appointed the same time we Notify the Judge of what has transpired & his reasoning for not his incomplete Affirmative Defenses. We can not afford to hire anymore attorneys.

Asked on 8/22/17, 10:51 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Alan Wagner Wagner McLaughlin, P.A.

You should not notify the judge of this. It would not help and could hurt. Not sure what kind of case that you have, but you will not get a court appointed lawyer unless this is a criminal case. Not sure you should have let your current lawyer go . . . .

Read more
Answered on 8/22/17, 7:44 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in Florida