Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in Florida

Rape and Physical Abuse

My ex-boyfriend got physically violent one night about 6 mos ago. I did not go to the police, but took pictures of my cuts/bruises. About 2 weeks ago, he got physically violent with me again as well as forced me to have sex with him/rape. Not only did he rip my clothing, he also left cuts/bruises again-which I took pics of. However, I didn't go to the police. I sent him a letter stating that he needed to pay me $1,000 for my pain and suffering or I'd go to the police and press charges.

I just got an email from him stating that he forwarded the letter I sent him demanding $1.000 to his attorney and he can sue me for blackmail and coercian.

During the course of our relationship, we have fought alot. One evening in December, I called his house trying to talk to him a number of times and he called the police for harassment-but didn't press charges.

At this point should I back off? Do I have ANY legal rights as being physically beaten and raped regardless of my harassment toward him?

Asked on 3/15/07, 12:38 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jacob Lieberman Lieberman Law Company

Re: Rape and Physical Abuse

You need to go the police if you are serious about pursuing charges against him.

Read more
Answered on 3/23/07, 11:41 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in Florida