Legal Question in Technology Law in Florida

Email hacking

Someone found out my password and broke into my email account and read my email without my permission. Is this a criminal act and if so, what can I do about it?

Also, if there is, what is the statute of limitations on this?

Randall Gilbert Gilbert & Caddy P.A.

Re: Email hacking

NOTE: This communication is not intended as and should not be interpreted as legal advice. Rather, it is intended solely as a general discussion of legal principles. You should not rely on or take action based on this communication without first presenting ALL relevant details to a competent attorney in your jurisdiction and then receiving the attorney’s individualized advice for you. By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that the opinion expressed is not intended to, nor does it, create any attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. If you do not agree, then stop right here, and do not read any further.

RESPONSE:

I believe there is a federal law on the topic thta makes it criminal.

More Computer & Technology Law questions and answers in Florida