Legal Question in Consumer Law in Florida

My contractor quit after I paid him the agreed upon first draw amount. Now he wants additional monies, including his fee. We had a signed contract. He has placed a lien on my house for what he claims I owe him. He refuses to show me any invoices to justify his claims. What can I do?

Asked on 2/07/13, 3:53 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Darren Inverso Norton, Hammersley, Lopez & Skokos, P.A.

You can file a Notice of Contest of Lien which forces him to either abandon the lien for file suit. You can also bring an action action the contractor for failure to perform. In either event any dispute will come down to the contract provisions and whether work was actually performed prior to the breach.

Read more
Answered on 3/04/13, 8:16 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Consumer Law questions and answers in Florida