Legal Question in Consumer Law in Florida

I believe my dentist submitted claims to my medical credit card for servies that were not actually done. what do i do?

Asked on 2/15/13, 8:56 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

If you wish to dispute the charges, contact the credit card company. Then, contact the insurance company and explain the situation to see if they will investigate for potential fraudulent billing within their Special Investigations Unit (SIU). Additionally, you can contact the State of Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Affairs and lodge a complaint. If you have a good relationship with your dentist, you may want to first confront him/her before pursuing one of the above actions. Should you have additional questions or require assistance in this matter, please feel free to contact me as I have extensive experience working with health care claims.

Read more
Answered on 2/15/13, 3:53 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Consumer Law questions and answers in Florida