Legal Question in Consumer Law in Florida

My insurance company has issued a check to settle the invoice presented by a water extraction company I hired due to a pipe leak. The check is made out to me and the water company and is not for the full amount. The water extraction company signed an affidavit agreeing to the lesser amount. The company claims once I endorse and they receive the check the bill is considered paid in full. The AOB contract does state they can come after me for the balance of monies not paid by the insurance company. I don't trust this company. How do I protect myself from this company trying to collect at a later date? Is there a legal document or suitable wording via e-mail that would suffice?

Asked on 1/20/17, 3:12 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Angelo Marino Angelo Marino Jr. PA

Just have them sign the bill as paid in full. It seems unlikely that if there is an agreement with your insurance company, who is responsible for the whole bill, that this company would try to collect from you. Your insurance company and the water extraction company would be subject to suit.

Read more
Answered on 1/21/17, 7:13 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Consumer Law questions and answers in Florida