Legal Question in Consumer Law in Florida

Can a movie rental company take me to court for a past due movie balance that is 4 years old and up until today never tried to contact me about the issue but said if i pay for the movie they'll not take me to court

Asked on 12/21/09, 2:13 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Angelo Marino Angelo Marino Jr. PA

Yes, if based on a written agreement. If based on an oral agreement, then they have 4 years in which to bring the action. If you took it out and owe it, notice is not an issue. From a practical point of view, I doubt they will sue you. But check your credit report. See

Read more
Answered on 12/26/09, 3:18 pm
Lesly Longa Longa Law P.A.

Sure they can.

Read more
Answered on 12/28/09, 7:15 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Consumer Law questions and answers in Florida