Legal Question in Consumer Law in Florida

Where can I turn for help?

I have a really long story in regards to my frustration but since I can only put 1200 words here I'll try to summarize it the best I can. Ebay has suspended my account, I have been a power seller for over 6 months and because I listed and memory stick product for sale, ebay has suspended my account. They claim it violated the rights and trademarks of Sony...Confused I review the pictures and description of the items in question. Nothing is listed as a sony product and nothing is described as a sony product, the memory stick is a product that is mass produced for a lower cost then brand name ones. I called Ebay and the customer service rep was actually confused as to why the account was suspended over this, he even stated that the only thing he could see a problem with was it said what the item could be used for and PSP is a sony product. So I guess you can say my sellers account was suspended for describing what the product could be used for. This in no ways violated ebays policies and after carefully redounding their policy I have concluded that they have closed my account by making up their own reasons. I'm sure I have a case and now I have tremendous loss of business. I have more to add but for now can some one please help me

Asked on 7/10/08, 5:17 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Johm Smith tom's

Re: Where can I turn for help?

I haven't read eBay's policies lately but they probably have a clause that lets them do what they want in this instance...their discretion. If they don't then you could try to pressure them, but what right do you really have to use their service if they think you violated someone's intellectual property rights. eBay is getting sued a good deal over these issues and are probably being cautious or they just made a mistake and don't want to bother fixing it because you might sue them is they admit to a mistake.

Read more
Answered on 7/10/08, 7:56 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Consumer Law questions and answers in Florida